Monday, December 11, 2023

BLUE CHAIR readings

BLUE CHAIR my readings for 12 Dec 2024 

theme: WAITING

possible prompt for performers: When are you coming home? Are you coming home?

I have Three to read: a song from 2010,  a new one for the prompt, one AI wrote for the prompt

 

A song, inspired by my great aunt talking about being old and living alone. She said the years go by so fast, but the days are long. A recording of it can be found on Reverbnation.com/jimmylee :

COUNTING STARS

 The years go by so fast

the hours all rushin' through

but the days go by so slow

when i'm here without you


Where are you now

shouldn't you be here with me

counting the stars

and dancing through the leaves


The years go by so fast

the hours all rushin' through

but the days they take so long

when i'm here without you


shouldn't you be here by now

I waited up all night you know I do

and the days are so very long

when i'm here without you


Where are you now

shouldn't you be here with me

counting the stars

and dancing through the leaves


Written for this week's prompt:

WAITING

waiting to be born

to be alive

to learn to walk

to talk

to run

waiting for christmas

for the school bus

for recess

for your best friend

for spring break

for summer

to go swimming

to grow up

to learn to drive

to graduate

to go out dancing

for a reason

waiting for a chance

waiting to hear you got the job

for the first paycheck

to hear back about the home loan

to get the key to the house

waiting for the paint dry

for the lights to get turned on

for the water to get turned on

for the cable guy between 10am and 4pm

for the light bill

for the cable bill

for the next paycheck to pay the water bill

for the repair guy

waiting

for a day off

for a vacation

for a promotion

for a new job offer before you quit

waiting for the holidays

waiting at your parents' doctor appointment

waiting at the hospital

for the doctor

waiting for the call

to give the eulogy

for grief to pass

to get back to your life

for a chance

for a reason

waiting

to not be waiting

to be alive again

 

written by a Chatbot given the prompt

In the quiet hours of anticipation,
Where time stretches out like an endless sea,
I find myself lost in contemplation,
As I wait for what is yet to be.

Each moment hangs like a delicate thread,
Unraveling the fabric of my patience,
In the space between words left unsaid,
I navigate the depths of my own existence.

The world outside moves at its own pace,
While I linger in this suspended state,
Caught between hope and uncertainty's embrace,
I wrestle with the burden of waiting's weight.

Yet in this stillness, I find a kind of grace,
A chance to breathe and learn to be,
For in the art of waiting, I embrace
The beauty of what is, and what's yet to come for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment