Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Story A day in May - Day 11

I initially was thinking it said 1000 words. After the first part I checked the word count, 101. I had an idea for the rest where the lyrics to the song would tell the story. Then I realized it said 100 words. So I took out a word, and I was done. I think it still tells a story.

100 Words and a Million Miles

By J. Smith Kirkland

Alice stepped onto the stage. It was only six inches above the rest of the room, but a million miles from the defeated little girl she used to be. She knew half, or more, of the people in the room were paying no attention to her at all as she fumbled with the mic stand. They did noticed the big pop when she plugged the cable from the amp into her guitar. After apologizing for that, she introduced herself.

“Hi, my name is Alice. And this song is called Riptide.”

She struck a minor chord and began. Everyone listened.



The Prompt

Write a story in exactly 100 words


No comments:

Post a Comment